Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Oh Life is Great...

Well, it's done....The final step has been put into place, and I feel great. Yeah surprising, this tough bout of chemo, wasn't all that rough. I think the hardest part of the whole ordeal was finding out that I had the disease, and stopping everything with the snap of the fingers. It hits you hard, but I guess it didn't hit me hard enough to knock me off me right off my feet. I haven't been all cheery the time either, I've had some really low points here in the hospital, but I have never gave up on it. This is still far from over, but the worst part has been completed.

Man it sure feels good, amazing things have happened while I have been here in the hospital, surprisingly, it has not all been boring. Those people who have done things for me, and you know who you are, have definitely helped me to see the other side of the tunnel. I am still driving but I can see the light. I have found love when it seemed impossible, but so much support has entered my life, my soul, the energy is phenomenal.

So with it being the final day of treatment, it is a major feat. My last Lumbar Puncture of this session was done around 4:20 today, and it went really smooth, a lot better than last time. I even took my life into my own hands... Letting the med student do it...eeeshh. But she was very good to me, I hardly felt a thing because the freezing went better this time and they easily found the spot to extract/inject. Christina did my bone marrow biopsy on Friday too, so I guess I am starting to trust these McGill med students. Is that a good thing?! Haven't died yet!! But so far no headache yet from this last bout of chemo, so definitely looking good... I am finished, I think I like saying that! It will be very strange to leave this place, it has been so long being stuck in one room, I won't know how to interact within society.

Now that the time has drifted past, I wonder what I have done with myself this past month. Honestly, I cannot say that I accomplished much, but I was able to remain fairly healthy during the treatment which really helps the chemos to run smoother. I know at points I have been bored out of my mind, but I managed to read a book(when I felt like it), keep in contact with lots of my friends and family, and spend some quality time with my mommy (every grown kids dream... But I love her so it was bearable..She is there for me always.)

This is sounding like a farewell note, but I guess it is more of a homecoming note. I still don't have a date but the near future is looking closer everyday. Possibly a week could find me back at home, for the short period before I venture off to Calgary for the next two week stop of this Leukemia Chemotherapy protocol. Christmas may or may not be spent at home this year, for me, not a big deal and would be nice, but my previous plans called for being away anyways, so we will see.

As for that, I am getting tired.... I am a very delayed writer, and have been writing/ becoming distracted for probably six hours now!! So now that the night has turned into another glorious morning, I must bid you adieu. Hasta Pronto, Buenos Noches, Bon Nuit, Good Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home