Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Lots of things can happen in a week, well, eleven days if you want to be technical(I have been slacking again on my Blog.) Or nothing can happen. I moved from the hospital to my Great Aunts house for the week. It was a change of scenery, home cooked meals, the way ma used to make. I am thinking(even though the scales had changed), from what it told me I had again gained 10 lbs., not from fluid, thankfully. Of course the weight I gained is pure muscle... I am back to my ripped self. No, I believe my belly stretched just a touch, but my walking is normal now, I am just still really inflexible, and my back is quite tight... I guess I have to start practicing Yoga. I am still doing my physio-stretchy-band-exercises, they seem to be helping. So the past week was filled with a lot of cards ( I was living with my grandma, and her sister...Not a lot to do, but we had fun.) Not to mention, I ate a lot of food!!

I was not totally out of the hospital the whole time. Tuesday I had to get my blood drawn, as well as get a whole bunch of X-rays done, pulmonary function test, and see the dentist. Wednesday I had a delightful Lumbar puncture, and then laid on my back for three hours. But my friend Maureen came and kept me company for a bit, then it was off to my psychologist. She was pretty nice, I didn't feel like I was being analyzed or anything, I was fairly comfortable actually. Luckily I haven't had any major headaches from my lumbar punctures, so that made this time off easier. Thursday I only spoke with the research nurse, and Dr. Jeje, who will be looking after me throughout transplant. Friday I was scanned to find my bone density, and injected with a nuclear agent for my MUGA scan, which takes pictures of my heart beating. Ad that was it for that week.

I have been feeling well, however I have been nauseated every morning and had to take Zofran(twenty bucks a shot). As well I am having more trouble swallowing my pills, and have come to the conclusion that it will be extremely difficult to go back to hospital food. I am almost sick just thinking about it. But we are heading closer to transplant, my donor was changed, but the new one is just as good.

Justin:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home