Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Justin...Write...Journal

Today... What day is it now, I keep losing track. Oh right, jour numero soixante-huit(day 68). It was a fairly good day, except I got tired, but I guess that is what you get when you stay up until about one A.M. reading a book. The book I read... I have like ten pages left: Lance Armstrong, "Every Second Counts". It has such a positive vibe, you get to learn experiences of other Cancer survivors, learn about bike riding, learn about life perspective through the eyes of someone who has been through the twists and turns, it's hard to put it down. I don't know why I sopped reading it back in February or whenever it was.

Back to the morning, my problem now is being able to sleep in, I wish I had more of that skill right now, but it's hard when it's light outside, even though my room is completely dark, I just wake up. So today I decided to get up when I woke up and went for a twenty minute walk. That seemed really ambitious, but I did it. The sun was shining, birds singing, I just wish I could get more sleep. I got back made some muffins... Yeah, yeah Martha, shut up!! I made bread on the weekend too, but yeah.

Bone Marrow Clinic at 12:15 this morning/afternoon. Basically a routine now, as long as nothing, cold/infection/other problems start to erupt all of a sudden, it should be fairly smooth. Jeje lowered the prednisone 10Mg so slowly we'll be tapering the steroids. Maybe my face, that seems to me very round now, will start to taper as well. I examined my grade nine baby face, almost identical, but I have a little more rounding right at the moment. I am definitely not a long face, cake face now for the time being. I weighed in today at 87.4 kg, about 192 lbs. up from last week... I am not quite sure how accurate the scale reading is, but it's fairly close to right. I am still at least 20 lbs. lighter than I was before all of this. All my blood counts were good, but again my platelets dropped a tiny bit, 64 units. Nothing to be much concerned about still.

Finally, I got to see my Katimavik group again, probably one of the last times I'll see them all again, it's sad to see them all go, but someday I am sure to see some of them again, and now I have a few friends right across the country. Living with them for two months was an experience I will never forget, it wasn't always pleasant, but it was something I never will regret doing. It seems things don't change much, cause I could go right back and continue living in the house, I felt comfortable with my group, and got along with everyone so well. I could possibly participate again in the program, but I might be disappointed with a new group, it being so different. Yet it could be better, I don't think I'll ever know.

Mom leaves tomorrow, Nan is here to look after me. I don't really need any looking after I don't think, but she will be my company during the day. It will be nice for mom to get a break, well not really break, but change of scenery and pace. See my sister off as she graduates. I wish I could be there, but a 10 hour drive to the hospital if something were to come up is not worth the risk. So I stay in Calgary, close to the comfort of the hospital. Maybe by July I'll be home depending on the space between check-ups and my status after the hundred days. I will be spending time with Nan in the meantime, working on that guitar stuff, maybe finding another book to read, and continuing this journey, maybe I'll take the dog on walks too.

Justin:)

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2005 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thursday May 26

Hey Justin
Apparently you have the same "early bird" gene as the Wilde side of your family... another one who can't sleep in. Glad to see you are walking and guitaring and baking... soon enough you'll be driving and schooling and back into the crowds of humanity... wondering where all that time went. Really great you were able to get together with your K. group and still felt bonded with them. Cool. Have fun with Nan, huh!

love, A. Donna

 
At May 31, 2005 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Justin, love reading your entries, and don't worry about getting razzed about becoming 'Martha', women LOVE men who can cook!!! Power to ya!!! I will be sure to take lots of photos this weekend of grad so you can enjoy Cara's big day from afar. thinking of you, Ms. K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home