Monday, May 16, 2005

Howdy

Another week gone by, well I guess not since it isn't quite Wednesday, only Monday. The days just are going to quickly. Sure... Maybe if I wrote the days away they would go faster, but I don't know. I think that it would be a good idea for me to start writing short stories or something to that effect, maybe poetry. I'll become a romantic and write my love, my desperations, my fears, dreams, hopes, and whatever other nonsense you can think of down. These are just things to move my mind. I may become stupid before all of this is over, it just seems I am stuck. Not so much of a rut, just lost to what I should focus on. Guitar is something, and it does keep me occupied, maybe just not quite as much as I would like. I could start a book, but which book. Online courses, I am interested, but maybe lack the enthusiasm, and text book reading doesn't sound very fun, but it would keep me from getting stupid, or numb brained. The go to school on your computer idea, I think I will take sometime in the future, maybe fall, once things settle with where my disease status rests, and I can actually set a plan to be away from doctor check-ups for a more elongated period in time, and when I am more enthusiastic about learning.

Health status for the past few days has been fairly good. Friday I went to the hospital, Bone Marrow Clinic, had my blood drawn. Waited for the results. My platelets had dropped a few more points from Wednesday, 71 to 67, not a real significant amount, but still, we are in a bit of a slump. Dr. Jeje was not in (he is on a deserved break, he is a very busy man) so the nurse consulted with another doctor, who decided to take me right off my cyclosporine, and see if by tomorrow that has any effect on the dropping. They also put me back on a lower dose of Fluconazole, which is an antifungal drug that may have been affecting my liver before, but my liver function was stable. So another pill but I am used to them now I think. I can do all thirteen in one shot. So tomorrow will be a test to see where my counts are at.

One thing I was no impressed with; Saturday I was awakened by my knee. It was a bad ache, that turned to almost-make-you-want-to-cry pain, right in the joint, no matter what I did it kept hurting. I don't know, but it could be a side effect of the prednisone steroid, but it is weird cause it the last three Saturdays, both knees did it the first day, then it was the right knee last week, and this week the left. Knee pain is something I don't want or need at the moment.

Peace out for now!! Justin:)

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2005 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Justin.. this is the first time that i have read your web site... its really awesome... inspiring and also very comforting to know that you are feeling better. Well i am not to sure really what i wanted to say just thought i would tell you that i think yo uare a great influence and if only the world were made up or guys like you.. Justin your Awsome.. keep up the good work :)
see you soon :)
(alicia from Cara's hockey team :P )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home