Saturday, March 19, 2005

Transplant...check

Well you could say I am stubborn, or just crazy...Of course both are probably true, but I could not help getting out of bed, even with a slight fever to check for my comments and maybe check in with everyone again. I have to make this short cause I am not feeling the greatest, but my transplant is past, it happened last night at around 7:30. It went good, but I happened to get a fever after whish has kind of lasted through this day. My room is now decorated with 1000 origami cranes, something for me to wish on and brighten up my room. So with transplant behind, now it is the time to wait for engraftment of the new cells, as the y work their way oward my bone cavities to begin producing my "overseas" blood. It will be at least a week, and we will see how long it takes for me to feel well enough to write a more long blog!! Thankyou everyone for rooting for me, it won't be long!!!
Justin:)

4 Comments:

At March 21, 2005 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Just I am thinking of you and have you as close as possible in my heart. Keep fightin. Glad to hear your stubborn. This is probably a huge highlight for you to be able to read tese little comments. We are all behind you. Keep up the awesome attitude. Love your Cuz Kevin

 
At March 22, 2005 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Justin, hope that your fever goes down and you get feeling better. Glad to hear everything went well and the cranes are a nice touch. We will be thinking about you often and sending our best. Yvonne and family

 
At April 04, 2005 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin,

I saw our story in the weekend Sun and wanted to send a note to encourage you. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last June and just got word this week that I'm cancer free. I tell you this because cancer is beaten every day but we sometimes need to hear from those who have been healed. I absolutely believe in the power of prayer and will commit to pray for you. God's word says "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace." Justin, as you go through this difficult time you are not alone buddy, may you know His peace and healing. Take a look at Psalm 91, verses 14 to 16, awesome encouragement. A friend of Jesus

 
At April 15, 2005 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Justbust

I here you are able to be "home" in Calgary all the time now and only have to visit the hospital once/week. Wow - that is fantastic! Some homecooked food and a real bed must make quite a difference to your rest and well being. Sleep, eat, exercise and meditating on wellness and the wonders of life - may not be quite the job you hoped for by now, but it is the essential one of the moment. You're doing a great job, man. Keep your chin up.

love and prayers, always
Aunty Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home