Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Rollin' on a Riva'

It's like this, second last day of chemotherapy ever!!! I lost the first meal in over a month today, my stomach just wasn't in the right place this morning, and it's the accumulation of chemicals starting to take affect. But I took my Zofran($21.00 a shot from the pharmacy...Craziness) and do not feel nauseated at the moment. Unfortunately, with the fluid that has been pumped through my system 24/7, again, have I started to retain it. I will not, however, balloon up over 40lbs. again. I can be put on another drug to help me urinate the excess fluid of my body. On my nights away from the hospital, I get to carry a small fluid pump and like a forty-pound "man-bag" (it's realy cool) that countains the three litre sac of Salene that will be infused over the night until returning to the hospital.

Back here at the hospital not a lot goes on, I can play on the computers like I am doing now, play my guitar that hasn't seen that much improvement in the last three months that I have had it, but slow and steady. I a had a lesson on Thurday, and my insructor gave me something to work on. I have books to read, "yummy" food to eat, a treadmill to walk on, excercises to do, the odd drug to swallow, or gag down, but really not a whole lot realy goes on.

Right now the hospital's fire alarms are going off, I guess there is a fire six floors down in the basement, but for sure it does not compare to the urgence of a fire bell ringing in a school, that would be really chaotic in a hospital if everyone had to leave the building for a miniscule fire down in the basement.

Bone Marrow/Stem Cell transplant scheduled for this weekend, bone marrow/cancer is being slaughtered by the chemo, this news reporter/patient is done telling his stories.

Justin:)

P.S. Thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming, if you want to.

5 Comments:

At March 15, 2005 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin,
Glad to hear that this round of chemo is going relatively smooth for you. You are counting down the days till transplant I'm sure. What no more pranks on your mom lately? I wish I was closer so I could bring you and mom some home cooked meals. Everyday is one step closer to cured. You are doing good! Think of you aften.
Laurie

 
At March 15, 2005 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin,
Glad to hear that this round of chemo is going relatively smooth for you. You are counting down the days till transplant I'm sure. What no more pranks on your mom lately? I wish I was closer so I could bring you and mom some home cooked meals. Everyday is one step closer to cured. You are doing good! Think of you often.
Laurie

 
At March 15, 2005 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY JUSTY:) i'm excited for you... you are getting better. Yha i cant wait to have u back here on the farm. We have had some fun times riding and going on the trampoline and umm..... wrestling wiht eachother... ahhah yah i rememeber those good old times lol.. yah i hope u are back for the cattle drives:) those are the bestest!!!! but yah i'll talk to you later and i hope you have a good night okay!!!
cyah

 
At March 15, 2005 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY JUSTY:) hey its your groundbirch neighbor morgy!!!! i'm excited for you... you are getting better. YAH!! i cant wait to have you back here on the farm. We have had some fun times riding and going on the trampoline and umm..... wrestling wiht eachother... hhah yah i rememeber.....:)yah i hope you are back for the cattle drives:) those are the bestest!!!! but yah i'll talk to you later and i hope you have a good night okay!!!
cyah

And remeber- DONT GIVE UP ON YOURSELF!!!!!!

 
At March 15, 2005 7:02 PM, Blogger Jillian Walker said...

To Justin's precious readers:

Justin may say that he doesn't do anything all day...but seriously I don't think he's that bored. We watch TV together at night (great shows like 'The Starlet' and 'Summerland'!!!!!!). Usually I have to trick him into watching the girlie shows. Secretly I know he loves them. He has also been working on a puzzle...it's a toughie, and I think the person that had it before stole a whole pile of the pieces, just so that we'll never ever complete it. Hmm well Justin and I play crib too, usually he kicks my ass...but whatever I'm better at war anyways. Other than that he is the most positive, motivational individual that we have in the household. He keeps us going during 'Rob's Bootcamp', and his stomach always seems to tell us when dinner is ready!! Oh and Justin is also learning to play the guitar. I can hear him strumming as I type, and although it seems like he doesn't know what he's doing.....I'm sure that he is farther along than I think. Justin is a star, and I feel that we're almost on the downswing(yay!). This boy is going to accompolish great things in life, and him being a part of our household as changed each and every one of us! Love to Justin! Love to his friends and family!

Love, Jill (The Other Sister)

P.S. I am trying to convince Justin and Judy to audition for upcoming roles in Western films in Calgary. I'll let you know how that goes!! ;)

P.P.S. His 'granny sack' is actually quite attractive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home