Thursday, December 23, 2004

So this is Christmas!

Well the past week has been eventful, not really, but for me a little more out of the ordinary, or maybe not...I don't know. From last Thursday, I have been on ups and downs. My head seemed to be fine after the lumbar puncture on Wednesday, and on thursday after receiving my other chemo, I thought I was doing ok, well that ok sooned turned into a headache, and pretty much lasted the weekend, even Monday, it was still a little testy. So practically laying in bed most of the time, I got a little more of my book read, but still been procrastinating in finishing it, I don't know why... I was enjoying the book, I guess I am taking a week off, sorta like my break from chemo that I get here, during Chistmas. Monday, again, I received another "bout" of lumbar puntures. It was only supposed to be one, but it slowly worked its way to two. I kinda convinced the doctor performing the "highly dangerous operation" to go a little lower than the first one he performed the week before, but unfortunately the fluid did not come out like it ws supposed to. So, I had to do it again, this time about the same place as Thursday's. This time the fluid..uh...flowed, and it was over in no time. the worst part is the initial freezing and the part(reminds me of the matrix) when the needle is pulled out, it feels like a big metal rod coming out of my spine. My back has been achey since the last....THREE... punctures, it is tight and stiff to touch my toes, and it doesn't help having to lay down all day. I tried yoga the other day, but the bending over kills, I think the needles are depleting the working muscles very rapidly. I tried to almost run the other day, but that two, feels really weird, my legs just don't have the same capacity before my hospital rest. I can't wait to start moving again, it won't be long! Since Monday my head has not been on all the way straight, but it has been an improvement from the weekend. I have been on a few walks through the golf course nearest to where I am staying, so I do get a bit of fresh air, I should try to get out more often, the more I move, the better off I will be, but it still depends on how much my head can take... It will be better soon.
JustBust

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home