Monday, January 10, 2005

Man...What's that feeling in my neck?!

Well here I am...Back at 'er. I am situated at the Foothills Hospital, about ten minutes from downtown Calgary.... Getting chemo pumped through my veins. I successfully started my fashionably new protocol, that will (of course not guaranteed) get me back, out of this place hopefully for good, let me get on with my life, and never have to come back to a hospital.

My neck is really sore. My CV line was "plugged" into me this morning, about a 20 minute procedure. Of course I toughed it out, didn't get any of those "put-under" drugs the wimps go for. I didn't even take the freezing....Yeah right! They froze me, but the rest was easy, just the feeling of tubes being eased into the tissues, and underneath my skin. It still is throbbing, and uncomfortable to move my neck and arms in certain positions, just wait until I have to go to sleep. But eventually the pain, and throbbing will ease.

The doses of chemo I am, and will be receiving everyday this week, so far is going down good. I am pumping a bag while I type in fact. No nausea yet, but who knows, I may be puking my guts out tomorrow, you just got to take it as it comes! I am also on a stimulant that is supposed to help keep my white blood cell levels up, that way I won't crash so hard and become neutropenic again, but good things always have side effects, I may experience bone pain, because this drug stimulates the marrow, which lays inside the bone.

So, nothing really to report, except I am in so much excruciating pain, it's so unbearably unbearable...Psyche!! No, seriously, I am hurting a bit, but like all pain, it is definitely not permanent, I can already feel the tubes growing into the laying of skin. It is so gross to feel! But I am like Lance Armstrong, he had one, they needed to cut his out, I think 'cause it was totally embedded.... Shudder!!

Tonight I met a lady who is getting her Bone Marrow Transplant on Friday, she is excited, cause it will finally mean that her Leukemia is pretty much gone. It made me feel good to see that she wasn't scared, and was just thinking that this will all be over in a little while. She will have to spend up to three months in the hospital after her transplant, much of the same route that I will be following, once I reach Complete Remission, and find a match, and do my BMT, and suffer for a few months, and get better, and get cured, and go to school, and get a job, and get married, and have kids, and man there is so much left to do!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home