Thursday, June 02, 2005

Biopsy Day 82...It's Day 76...AHHH

Ok, so I have new information. I was thinking that after the 100 day mark, which is June 26 I would get my bone marrow biopsy, which will show the status of the new marrow in my bones. Guess what... It will be next Wednesday; the twelfth week post transplant. I was a little surprised. Realistically though, being sooner, it shows I am in pretty good shape I guess, and I will know something more concrete a little sooner. The good news I hope! They asked if I wanted sedation...Nah, I am tough. I have done this what... Four times already without it, so why wimp out now. They still use the localization freezing (I'm not that tough!)

I think going to the hospital wears me out more than going for an hour long walk or bike ride. Sitting there must be the brain drain because I feel really tired after sitting there waiting for the doctor check-up, and he is always late, or my blood results don't get there for a while. But it's not like I have a lot of other thing to do, and it's only once a week. So it's bearable. My stats are doing ok. My platelets are still lower than they should be at 59, and my hemoglobin went below "normal level" this we too 125 (it should be above 136) but these are just numbers. White blood cells were at 5.6. I was put on a daily folic acid pill, it is too help with blood formation, so maybe that will increase my blood making.

I took a nap at 6 yesterday, odd time for a nap, and slept 'til 7:30, I guess I needed it. But I haven't been staying asleep at night the best so I use what I can get. Right now I feel like passing out(falling asleep...So don't worry) I haven't done much today except for bake a cake and cookies... I drove to the store to get my prescription(shhh.... I am not supposed to drive with the prednisone, but I don't really find I have have the side effects that ward off driving...Just don't tell the doctor!) Then I came back, had some lunch... Iced the cake....Been on the comp ever since. I really need to practice guitar today still too. After my nap!

Justin:)

2 Comments:

At June 13, 2005 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Justbust
Already it is Monday the 13th of June. Hope your biopsy went well and the results are more good news. Sounds like they continue to take good care of you in Calgary. You may be able to go home sooner than later... wouldn't that be great. Baking, biking, hiking guitaring and keeping Nan amused... a life to be envied! ha ha. Looking forward to the Good News of your test results .. keep us blogged!

Luv, Aunty Donna

 
At June 13, 2005 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Justin, hope your test results came back good, let us all know. Sorry I haven't written in a while but been in the hospital, horse kicked me and damaged my spleeen and broke 3 ribs, Don't know how you did it but a week in the hospital was soooo boring, made me think of you alot, and the food, oh so yummy. anyway I got to see your mom and also your sister grad so that was good. You soung like you are in better spirits and you baking looks good, maybe you can come back and cood for the DC hospital, god knows they don't know how. talk to you soon and say hi to your mom, I know she came back yesterday.
Yvonne and family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home