Friday, September 02, 2005

What Is The Up

Feelings... I have never been really good with expressing them. I think I hold back a lot, and don't always deal with them the way I would like. Maybe I don't know how, maybe I am just like everyone else. Today was a harder day today. Emotionally I had to break down. Being apart from my family, I thought it wouldn't be that hard, but it seems like it is getting to be that way. I will just have to tough it out some more. But after a year I guess it would not be normal to not feel home sick. Man, a whole year!! I had to cry... Let the tears stream for a bit while talking to my dad. He misses me a lot, I haven't seen him since February. So macho, but I never been afraid to cry, no matter how stupid it feels sometimes, I usually end up laughing at the same time. I could be lacking sleep too, I have been waking up a little earlier than I would like to be. I'll cheer up, my homework will help keep my mind off my troubles.

Justin goes to college. I was a little nervous to go, but excited at the same time. Not too much exciting happened, but my teachers/instructors so far seem like they will be alright. In French I could still understand most of what he said, as it will be conducted almost entirely that way, so if you don't understand spoken French it would be very difficult. Quebec really helped me to become more on the side of biligual, hopefully I will be more proficient after this course. Biology might be more of a challenge, but I think that I am up for it. I have quite a fair amount of time on my hands still so my homework should get done unless I start procrastinating, but I am paying big money for these so I am going to put some effort in. Hopefully in the meantime I will be meeting people, that will also help keep my mind off the distance from home that I remain.

As for my health. All seems to be well at the moment. My skin is almost through its last peeling phase. I haven't been going to light therapy cause it seemed to make things worse, I start again next week, at a smaller time interval... I am fairly certain that the last problems were related to too much UV radiation, more or less a bad sun burn. My platelets made another rebound, back up to 90 from 59. My liver function has bounced up however, being monitored, it is likely due to the cyclosporin as it had a similar effect before. No matter, I would like to be off of it as well as prednisone soon, although things are shaky as to will be the outcome with my skin issue. Other blood counts were good, not perfect but what is ever perfect.

Justin:)

2 Comments:

At September 06, 2005 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo,glad to be able to read again. Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner but life has been rather busy... Glad to hear you are taking courses and venturing out more hope that helps with you feeling like you belong in your new home. It is hard to believe it has been a year but look how far you have come in that year and next year you will be working your but off to get at least a trip to the hotter climate cause I don't think you will get a trip handed to you just cause. anyway keep up the stiff upper lip and hope that your skin and spirits continue to improve.
Yvonne

 
At September 11, 2005 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sept 11
Hi Justin
I just wrote you a big long comment and I hope it shows up even though I don't see it coming on... know that I'm thinking of you!
luv, A. Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home