Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Still Here

Now that a whole month has past since my last entry, I figured that it was about time. It's raining right now, and watching the tv deoesn't take much effort so I am multi-tasking.

The past few weeks have seen some changes. My mom went home finally. She needed to get home, look after the other art of the family, get some stuff done at home, quit wasting her summer in Calgary. Of coursespending the time to keep me company is not wasting time, but for lack of a better word, there is a lot more to do when you're at home. This is my home now, I have decided that I might as well just stay here in Calgary. Not knowing how everything is going to turn out (how long I will need to continue with light therapy, how long my high dose of Prednisone will last.) So the plan of not know has moved to staying put and not worrying about when I can ever go home. I consulted with the doctor, and found at I would be alright to venture offto college in September. I won't be enrolling in anything too strenuous. I only applied as a part-time student, and am only allowed to take two credit courses, but as many upgrading courses. I'm still trying to figure out what I will take, but it's looking to either French or Spanish, and Biology. I had almost ruled out doing any courses this fall, but then again I was planning on being home, and thought things would be a little different, but things don't always go the way they were "supposed" to. As we can look back at this past year and tell. But no matter, eventually I will get home. A whole year will have past since I have seen my mom on September 8th. It seems so long, but at the same time it's not a lot of time that has past, just a lot that has happened. Hopefully my skin, which is really the only issue holding me up, will be resolved soon. Unfortunately my skin has flared up again and is back to being itchy, which is a sign that something isn't working right. My prednisone is currently at 70mg, so it could be very well raised up again or remain at this level. I guess the PUVA isn't working as well as it could yet, so we'll see. I am not really sure how fast I will see results. But getting off prednisone would be nice. Over and out for now!!

2 Comments:

At August 18, 2005 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Justin, It is good to hear from you anytime. I'm please to hear that you are taking courses that you have great interest in. It is an excellent way to keep excitement and enjoyment in your life. Time will fly by quickly, even as a parttime learner, and before you know it you have finished all the pre-requisite courses. Way to go!

 
At August 29, 2005 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Justin,
It is nice to hear from you, I haven't got access to int.net. as before so I hardly ever get read your notes. They a most enjoyable to read and a total asset to anyone else who may have to face the challenges and continuing challenge of this protocol that you have done. The day will come that you can come home, We all have to be patient, besides whats the rush anyway, time goes by wherever we are, and going to school will be great for you. You will enjoy biology although you have learned about the body so much already that you will flog through this course with A'grades I'm sure. either way. But you will enjoy it and it will make things even more clear to you. I hope you get to play hockey too. that would be great, hey!!
Well the girls did it!! they surprised the heck out of your mom, she just broke down in rears. the to boot Dyke & Les, and Kevin & Dianne walked in the door and that really did it, even for me!!! But all was very nice and guess what!! Even the pizza bread turned out good!! A good time was held by all. The next day was Sheldon's wedding, so off to a party I go again!!! I was pretty wiped on sunday, but a good tired.!

well , I better go now , I am studying again!!!! but soon will be over and will be the last test that I really have to worry about!! Will be great when it is behind me and then the six - eight weeks that it takes to get the results will be pure torturous!!! But all good things come hard and long for us all!!!right?? It will all come together for us all.
Love you very much!
A.Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home