Sunday, October 02, 2005

A Successful Walk!!!

Why did I walk... To join the hundreds who turned out in support of people like me, people who have had to deal with a disease, Leukemia. It was really great to see so many people out walking, even though it felt like it could snow at any point. Everyone had a balloon, red stood for those who were walking for someone, the supporters, white was for the survivors. Each balloon had a cool little light right inside so we could in fact "light the night". I was able to walk with several of the nurses who looked after me in the hospital. It was nice to see them out there, since I haven't went back to the ward, I was there enough already. It is amazing how much they see though, and how much they do. The nurses really affect the patients as they spend weeks or even months in their care, and I have to say the nurses on 57 are some of the greatest people. I really enjoyed just walking with them, it's a little different than being a patient. I even went out for supper with them. Light the Night went very well! My total for funds up to now is $664, way past my goal of $500, and I am sure there are still donations on the way... So to all of you who showed your support: A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!!! I would hug you if I was near.

Justin:)

1 Comments:

At October 03, 2005 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You kick butt Justin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home