Sunday, April 02, 2006

April Showers...

Yes I no what the date is, April 2nd and it has been a month and 8 days since my last confession....I mean....uh...the writings on the wall. The (not too) constant rambling ramblings of me.

Has anyone realize what date it is... My anniversary, or second birthday if you will has passed. Officially I am 1 year new(as of 9:00pm Mountain Standard Time, March 18, 2006). The DNA of my blood anyway. A recap to the past year.....Here we go:

March 18- Received Stems Cells, weight was about 175lbs. Very Skinny and sickly looking. Muscles were the weakest they have ever been. I had difficulty walking up the stairs. I was constantly cold. I would wake up and my sheets would be soaked. I was cooped up inside for a long time and wore a mask in public (didn't go many places). Had guitar lessons for a few weeks, and tried to get motivated with it(hopefully I'll pick it up soon again).

Th spring passed pretty slow, but gradually I picked up strength and was making good walks in the park and dog walk most every day. I was having some trouble doing anything constructive. I watched alot of tv and ate a lot of food. You could tell, I was ballooning pretty good.

By June, it was going to a epic moment, I would return home for the first time in just short of a year. My dreams however were crushed as my skin began to peal and supposedly my new food body parts were attacking me. So medications were shot up, and light therapy was commenced.

Prednisone made my face balloon (they call it moon face) and my joints; especially my knees and left hip were no use for walking(according to my bone scans both had significant bone density decrease, I get results for my last, next week.

On Thursday(the 30) I participated in the Mount Royal...now to be annual event... Cancer Head Shave. I managed to raise 310$, not as much as I was planning to but everlittle bit helps. The school managed to raise 27,000$ and about 75 people shaved theirs heads. So I am now bald again, and had to go for the complete shave.

Things are well, except for my damn hip is still bothering me, and now that spring is here I just want to run!! I also recieved my acceptance to the immersion program I applied to before February. I will be head to Quebec for 5 weeks this May and then return home for job, and just being home! It will be a great summer!

I will really try to get back to y'all soon.
Justin:)

4 Comments:

At April 02, 2006 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW!! Well done! I will be looking forward to your new endeavor. All the best to you. You're looking good ;)

 
At April 03, 2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy BMT-versary!!! :-) and nice to see the pictures of you! Good luck in Quebec in May.

 
At April 04, 2006 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, its incredible when you look back at your journey. I sense that you are a very strong person as a result. Look forward to your posts and how you are doing. Your looking pretty healthy and happy now!!

 
At April 07, 2006 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Justin hey great job...and great job getting the immersion exchange to Quebec...sounds like you're gonna have a blast....I'll have to find out where in Quebec you're going.....Natalie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home